- flex-ATX form factor (21.6 x 17 cm)
- 8 layers PCB
- Applied Micro PPC460ex SoC – upto 1.15 Ghz
- max 2 GB DDR2 Ram – 200-pin SODIMM
- Silicon Motion SM502 embedded MoC (audio/video) max 64MB Gfx RAM
- Audio 5.1 Realtek ALC655 codec
- PCI-express 4x lanes slot (16x mechanical connector)
- PCI-express 1x lane slot (* check notes)
- PCI slot, 32 bit, 33 Mhz, 3.3V
- 1x SATA2 port (* check notes)
- 6x USB2 EHCI/OHCI ports + 1 USB 1.1 port
- 1x 10/100/1000 Ethernet port (another 10/100/1000 Ethernet is optional)
- Lattice XP2 FPGA with 80 I/O pins expansion connector (connector is optional)
- UMTS/GSM module (optional requires add-on card)
- 512 MB NAND Flash (optional)
- integrated SD card reader
- RTC clock
- Serial port, 8-wires
- I2C and SPI/I2C buses
- passive cooling
- U-Boot 2010.06
Notes: the SATA2 port and the PCI-e 1x slot are mutually exclusive, only one of them can be used at a time
Sam460ex is a PowerPC modular motherboard engineered and produced by ACube Systems and it is totally made in Italy.
The core of the board is the PowerPC 460EX, a System On Chip (SoC) from Applied Micro which allowed us to build a PowerPC motherboard running at 1.15 Ghz, scalable for different uses and still fanless and very low power consumption!
The Sam460ex supports 3 expansion slots: PCI, PCIe 1x and PCIe 4x. Also it has onboard audio and video chips as well as a SATA2 port.
While this board is the fastest of our products, we also wanted to add more features to it. You can have the following on your Sam460:
- UMTS/GSM module
- NAND Flash
- 7 USB ports
- Gigabit ethernet
- 5 boot media
- and more...