AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition is available! AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition runs on the following hardware platforms:
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne X1000
- AmigaOne 500 (460ex & 460cr)
- Sam440ep and Sam440ep-flex (all variants)
- AmigaOne XE
- Pegasos II
- CyberStorm PPC
- Blizzard PPC
AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition requires no previous version of AmigaOS 4.x and is a stand-alone product, quite possibly the most affordable version of AmigaOS ever released. This now allows current users of AmigaOS 4.1 to install a complete original version of AmigaOS 4.1 without subsequently needing to download or apply 6 updates and countless minor updates.
New functionality in AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition includes but is not limited to:
- Extended memory functionality (beneficial for all supported platforms even those platforms which cannot be equipped with more than 2GB)
- Most powerful console for AmigaOS
- New Intuition features
- New Workbench features
- Much improved DOS
- New unified graphics library with RTG support which allows for (current and future) very substantial general and platform specific performance optimizations e.g. through the use of on-chip DMA engines (present on recently released hardware going back to the Sam440)
- Updated Python port
- Installation graphics, new icons and back-drops by Martin Merz
- Counless minor updates, new functionality and bug fixes.
Users are encouraged to register their copy of AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition on the Hyperion Entertainment website as this will be required for downloading possible future updates and bug fixes.